That hot ish!
1. V-Moda Vamp - Here you go audiophile!
2. Real Rock Drummer for a non-pussy band - he will shred your face.
3. Isle of Spragg - 30-minute pilot for McLeod Brothers new animated series.
4. Did we hook up at the Megadeath/Motorhead concert? - Well your a daddy now!
5. Cloth - Save and share your favourite outfits. App is free right now!
There you have it, our top 5 procrastination aids of the week! Make sure to tune in every wednesday at 9pm EST on Natandmarie.com to see all that internet goodness that our show is chock full of!
Ever have one of those days where you’re ready to do something big but all you do is respond to emails with people who are either highly efficient or they are just waiting for your email so they catch and shoot the rebound? It’s 3:30pm and I’m thinking it would’ve been a faster phone call…
Anyway, while I’m “in a meeting” which means it’s time to nam on some web soup. Today is June 12, 2012 and here are five byte sized hits of the things you should know about today.
“Whats the fuzz with jews. You can’t even see if a person is a jew, unless you see their penises, and even if you do, you can’t be sure!?”
Real people say real things regardless of what the greater population deems “right” or “wrong”. That’s a fact. Was it bad?
- A Medieval hoodie is sweeping the web and got the maker, Chadwick J. Dillon’s Etsy account suspended. He also is impossible to contact. You can see all his updates on Facebook but no way to message him. *SIGH*
- Prometheus… sucked? reddit explains it all thanks to redditor Happyguy815. So get all those questions answered… Nat. (Nat saw Prometheus on opening night, FYI)
- There’s nothing “new” about the “new” MacBook Pro. Natch. Are you surprised and/or disappointed?
You can try to run but there’s no where to hide because at some point the web will catch up with you and when it does, you’re going to hear about:
- Fanboys, fap fap fap. Apple. New Mac Book Pro. $2,199. A pro-device for surfing porn online AND Skrillex.
- Patient.0 is the world’s first first-person shooter, IRL “video game”. Like laser tag but with custom tech-enhanced M4 Assault Rifle replicas. Costs $100AUD ($102 Canadian) to play, is available for 1 month, is story driven, so it plays like video game, and it’s currently being crowdfunded on Pozible. Yes, it is Australian. *sigh* So far away!!!!
- The Daily Dot teaches us that creepy waifu fandom now has it’s own version of Pinterest. Again, lost in the weirdness of Japan. 10 minutes spent with anime themed life sized pillows and vagina puppets? Yes. morbid curiosity got me, again.
- Later Hotmail and Hello Newmail! MSN is trying hard to make us believe that there’s alternatives to Google. A for Effort, Guys.
- Cats make everything better, including film scenes. Thanks to redditor haissam93 for forcing his cat to perform for us.
In a world of Apple vs. Waifu - is there any difference between the fandom?
It’s Thursday, June 7th, 2012, and from video jockeying to Cher’s promise of a beating, there’s a bossload of stories that you gotta hear about…
- “We made it more magical.” Pretty much sums up Foursquare’s new update for iPhone & Android. The check in button is by your thumb and there’s more pics. dope.
- Chris Brown allegedly tweets that Cher is a “Granny Bitch” that “needs a beating”. Brown says that it came from an unnamed “Tweet-duplicating” site and not him. You tell me if u think it’s fake.
- “What is reddit?” n00b no more, because reddit launches reddit.com/about today to explain that very question, without actually being able to get to it from the front page or explaining anything about subreddits, culture or even wtf karma is… win?
- I hope you like blue because a Facebook Phone could actually be real. Yesterday, Michal Bonikowski released his concept that looks like a lame HTC handset then today an Apple analyst wrote a creepy “I got my eye on you” kind of note about (presumably) Facebook. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
- Mama, I want!! Algoriddim launched VJAY ($9.99) in the AppStore today. Let’s you mess around with videos, splicing and applying effects to make it look all pro and ish. Check out the video demo of VJay on TechCrunch
That’s it. Now I’m going to go back to looking at cat videos and eating stale Christmas chocolates… just a normal Thursday in the life of Marie.
Technically it’s Monday morning. I’m lying on the couch, like I normally do. Weaving between Twitter, Facebook some random marketing plans and then whatever article pops up that’s being shared buckets by my friends. I promised myself I was going to do a work day from the studio - now 8 hours from now. wicked. I love not being sleepy. Totally can’t wait.
Anyway, an article about Foxconn pops up. Foxconn is the business that we brought up on the show last week in The 411. The shared a tidbit that employees are threatening suicide because striking is not an option. So I obviously clicked in.
Maybe I’m a little extra sensitive because I just watched an episode of “Bomb Girls” but I think I’m going to gag. Business Insider talked about what the nearly 430,000, underaged employees are are going through to make an iPad. Inhaling neuro-toxins to clean the screens, performing repetitive tasks for 12-16 hours a day until their hands cripple with carpel tunnel. All for a fucking iPad.
I love the technology, or at least the idea of it. I own one Apple product, a MacBook Pro (in desperate need of a format). Now I’m using it wondering where it came from and even if it was worth it. For god’s sake I know where the chicken on my plate comes from thanks to the foodies. Foodies love that shit, local, organic, fair trade… there’s nothing artisanal about tech. And, if this Foxconn expose turns out to be as bad as all that then iPads might be a little like fur. Looks badass but you wouldn’t be caught dead wearing it… unless maybe it was vintage. Because back then people’s views on animal rights were a little different then today…
The Business Insider article about where your iPhone or iPad comes from is worth a read… but you won’t be able to finish it without thinking that Steve Jobs was so dedicated to providing his vision at a price people could afford that he may have overlooked what it actually cost to produce.
Facebook - 1 year after the “like” button was introduced FB announces the “send” button. They shall coexist in harmony, and “like” will be used to share publicly, whereas “send” will allow users to share privately! Please share Nat & Marie publicly!
Apple - The White iPhone will be released shortly…racists rejoice!
Apple cont’d… - Barack Obama, the president of the United States, has an iPad 2…but he also has a BlackBerry…maybe he’ll get a PlayBook?… Or a white iPhone?
Badoo - FaceBooks fastest growing app invites you to chat, flirt, and have fun with…
Kike, a 52 yr old from Montreal, looking to start a pillow fight with a 25-30 year old.
Predateur, a 32 yr old with access to photoshop.
Toystick, a 34 yr old who wants to talk about sex with an 18-25 yr old girl.
Personally I can’t wait to sign up and flirt, chat and have fun with all these great catches. ~TaCaGo
1. Maison Binoclette - Get some glasses for your Apple!
2. Designers Mx - site that allows designers create a mixed tape of their music. A new mix tape project is coming out of Calgary soon. If you want the scoop reach out to @poploser on twitter.
3. Stereolizer- Turn your iPad into an 80’s stereo!
4. Kaboing TV - The internet just received its first all animation “tv” channel. Launched with the series “Frog in a Suit”. Watch now on Kaboing TV.
5. What the fuck should I make for dinner? - If you’re anything like us, you ask yourself this question, three, maybe four times a week. This site helps answer that question for you, in a very human way…
Honorable mention goes to similar site What the fuck is my social media strategy?
1. Awards Show Season-Grammy’s first then Brits 2 days later. Canada’s own Arcade Fire walked away with the Big Prize of Album of the year for “The Suburbs”! Go Canada!
2. Apple announces Subscriptions-Apple announced on Tuesday that it will start selling subscriptions to music, videos, newspapers, magazines and other forms of content. Could be good for consumers as more competition means providers will be fighting for your dollars!!!
3. T.I. Sued-Sued by the family of a dead man that he showed on his reality television show “Road to Redemption”. Wanted to show troubled kids that the life of a hustler leads to a “dead” end….te he….too soon?
4. Lil Wayne vs. Oreo- Oreo, The world’s favourite cookie, wanted to set the Guinness World Record for most “likes” on Facebook….but Lil Wayne wasn’t having that and challenged his fans to “like” him…and Lil Wayne won out and is now the Guinness World Record Holder for Most “Likes” on Facebook in 24 hours…hmmm maybe next time he’ll try to get in there for something rapping related…
5. Passport to Design-Adorable and clever blog fusing Travel and Design