Hey guys, it’s June 21, 2012 and the things everyone’s talking about aren’t just newsy bits, people are geeking out over some very specific YouTube videos over the past 24 hours. Now you may have seen them, but I’m not going to make that assumption because every time I do, two weeks pass and all my friends are posting on Facebook a bossload of “awesome” and “Hilarious” “New videos” that are total must sees. So, I’m going to post them here and if by some fluke they go live weeks down the road and we’re not getting cred, we know who isn’t reading our tumblr. And, thus the awkwardicity ensues.
Clearly awkwardicity isn’t a word, but for those of us who report on the web, and do it regularly, it is a word that becomes more and more cromulant. ;)
- Uranus. You’re pronouncing it wrong. Time to learn how and why.
- A Thai anti-smoking campaign created by Ogilvy Thailand is highly effective and beyond being on the front page of reddit, it’s popping up everywhere.
- Connecticut native, Matt, was bit by the travel bug after a trip to Asia. After that it was a short leap from tourist to dancing tourist! Before YouTube was a household name, he was making viral videos of him dancing around the world. He hasn’t produced a video since 2006, so this one (featuring North Korea, even) is presumably his last. I’m a nerd and I did get a little teary. Lebanon, Greece, Isreal, Korea, Philippines - it’s like a homage to the diversity of N&M. Loves it.
- Electronic VJ, Pogo, let his latest drop and it’s popping up everywhere, so it’ll be impossible to miss. ”Lead Breakfast a Pulp Fiction Remix” is an infectious remix of sounds, words and songs from Tarantino’s popular movie. And it’s BOSS! Frig, this 24 year old Australian has figure it out! This isn’t his first, so check out his YouTube channel for more.
-For the fifth video I was nearly going to include the depraved clip of the asshole kids making the bus monitor cry, but it’s just gross. If you want to watch it, click here. A Torontonian (GO TDOT!) is raising funds to send her on a trip.
Instead, I went with Pikachu on Acid. Enjoy!
It’s Thursday, June 7th, 2012, and from video jockeying to Cher’s promise of a beating, there’s a bossload of stories that you gotta hear about…
- “We made it more magical.” Pretty much sums up Foursquare’s new update for iPhone & Android. The check in button is by your thumb and there’s more pics. dope.
- Chris Brown allegedly tweets that Cher is a “Granny Bitch” that “needs a beating”. Brown says that it came from an unnamed “Tweet-duplicating” site and not him. You tell me if u think it’s fake.
- “What is reddit?” n00b no more, because reddit launches reddit.com/about today to explain that very question, without actually being able to get to it from the front page or explaining anything about subreddits, culture or even wtf karma is… win?
- I hope you like blue because a Facebook Phone could actually be real. Yesterday, Michal Bonikowski released his concept that looks like a lame HTC handset then today an Apple analyst wrote a creepy “I got my eye on you” kind of note about (presumably) Facebook. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
- Mama, I want!! Algoriddim launched VJAY ($9.99) in the AppStore today. Let’s you mess around with videos, splicing and applying effects to make it look all pro and ish. Check out the video demo of VJay on TechCrunch
That’s it. Now I’m going to go back to looking at cat videos and eating stale Christmas chocolates… just a normal Thursday in the life of Marie.